Saturday, March 12, 2011

Accordion a la Carte . . .

Accordion a la Carte - Louis BregoliAccordion a la Carte - Louis Bregoli

Liner Notes:
Perhaps no other instrument so clearly reveals the capabilities and accomplishments of the performer as does the accordion. From pure melody to sparkling flash, the control and mastery, or lack of it, constantly expose the musicianship of the accordionist.
In this album, the accordion meets its master. Louis Bregoli, with flawless ease, brings to you music at its spectacular best. Long recognized as a leading accordionist, Bregoli has conquered many proving grounds. Not only is he considered one of the finest studio musicians available for exacting TV and Radio work, but his reputation as a leading teacher of the instrument is unquestioned. Never lacking in musicianship and technique, there are no barriers, no compromises. For an example of this wizardry, listen to ‘DIZZY FINGERS” or “NOLA”.
Here’s accordion à la Bregoli — a favorite dish to please and delight, yet sure to suggest a second helping.

DIZZY FINGERS
THE WEDDING OF THE PAINTED DOLL
TICO TICO
SWEDISH RHAPSODY
DARK EYES
PETITE WALTZ (Medley)
LITTLE BROWN JUG
SCHOOL DAYS
CZARDIS
DOLL DANCE
STRAUSS WALTZ MEDLEY
NOLA
CARNIVAL OF VENICE
MY PRETTY BRUNETTE (Polka)


Joe "Sonny" Barbato was a student of Louis Bregoli.

13 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you again for Louis Bregoli's LP. It means a lot to me!!

      Muchas gracias.

      Ron Wasilenko
      904-226-0122

      Delete
  2. I had the pleasure of being Lou Bregoli's student for many years in the 1960's. He was a fantastic accordionist, studio musician, teacher, and fine gentleman. He changed my life. Because of him, I joined the Navy band at age 18 and later played my way through college and law school. Now, more than 40 years later, I am still playing and just recently bought a new Excelsior for my own enjoyment. Lou had a lasting effect on me which I will never forget.

    He is missed. But his music will last forever.

    Ron Wasilenko

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would like to speak to any member of Lou Bregoli's family or the former owners of Tosi Music Company on Hanover Street in Boston where I had my lessons with Lou in the back teaching room every Friday.

    You can contact me at 904-226-0122 or email at rwasilenko@yahoo.com.

    Lou was a superb role model for me and I just want to express my sincere appreciation. I wish I could have said it to him personally.

    Regards,

    Ron Wasilenko

    ReplyDelete
  4. He was the best. We have the vinyl record in our living room. I listen to it all the time on CD. Lou Bregoli is my grandfather's brother. I am blood related to him.

    --Kenneth Mitchell

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kenneth:

    It is a great surprise to hear from you. As my comments above expressed, I have nothing but great admiration for Lou Bregoli. He meant a lot to me. He taught me well. I wish I could have studied with him longer, and regret the day I stopped.

    He was a true gentleman and superb teacher. You cannot find an accordionist like him anywhere now.

    Always kind to me, and always dissappointed when I came unprepared to my lessons when I did not practice.

    Please convey my thoughts to all members of the family.

    You know, there is always that one person in your life when you look back and say, that person made a differnce in my life. Lou did.

    Regards,

    Ron Wasilenko
    904-226-0122

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am Louis Bregoli's granddaughter and could not be more moved at the fact that my grandfathers music is now online and that so many people appreciated his music as we all did. Today would have been his 90th Birthday. Happy Birthday to my Nonno.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well, it is also a great surprise to hear from you, his granddaughter! Your grandfather was a wonderful gentleman of whom you should be very proud. He taught a lot of guys like me how to play the accordion. But it was not just that, he had a way about him that made him just a real nice man.

    He will remain very respected not just in the accordion community but the music community. A fanstastic musician!

    What a great guy!

    Happy Birthday Nonno!

    Regards,

    Ron Wasilenko

    904-226-0122
    rwasilenko@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Louis' granddaughterNovember 21, 2012 at 7:42 AM

    Hello Ron - I am just now noticing that you had responded to me a few months ago. Thank you for website. It allows me to listen to my grandfather while I am at work.

    He was an amazing, amazing man and he is greatly missed 0:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. To All:

    Hope you are still listening.

    I am!!

    Every day!!

    Ron Wasilenko

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am still here and still listening every day to this fantastic accordionist!

    Ron Wasilenko

    ReplyDelete
  11. Still here and still listening every day!

    Ron Wasilenko

    ReplyDelete